Weather changes. So should your watering times.
It is important to make monthly, or even weekly, adjustments to your Watering Index on your sprinkler controller. Maximize outdoor water savings by applying the appropriate amount of water to your yard when your plants need it. Get started with our tools!
Weekly Watering Index
Use our Watering Calculator to help guide you. This guide is based on plant material, sprinkler type, soil, and location.
The Following Outdoor Water Uses Are Prohibited:
- Washing down driveways and sidewalks with potable water.
- Causing runoff as a result of excess outdoor watering.
- Using a hose to wash a vehicle, unless the hose is fitted with a shut-off nozzle.
- Using potable water in a fountain or decorative water feature, unless the water is recirculated.
- Leaks must be fixed within 1 week.
- Watering between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. and 48 hours after rain events.
Know Your Watering Days:
- Residents are encouraged to water 1 day per week in the winter (Nov – March).
- Residents are encouraged to water 3 days per week in the summer (Apr – Oct).
- Even-numbered addresses should water Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday
- Odd-numbered addresses should water Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- Use the watering calculator for lawn and shrub areas – times apply per irrigation zone.
Note: The watering day restrictions do not apply to low-flow drip irrigation (emitter must apply 2 gallons of water per hour or less), use of a hand-held bucket or a hand-held hose equipped with an automatic shut-off nozzle, or sites using recycled water.