Turf Removal Rebate
Public interest in the turf rebate program has been tremendous and program funding from our water wholesale partners has been fully committed as of May 12, 2015. This rebate has been temporarily suspended by the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California but may come back online as early as May 26, 2015. You may still apply for the rebate. However, approval of applications is on a first-come first-serve basis and subject to availability of funds. Click here for more information.
Applicants who have already removed turf prior to the required site pre-inspection or rebate application submission will not qualify.
Brand New: SustainaBlue Landscape Design Assistance!
SMWD will now provide landscape design assistance for residential customers who are looking to replace their lawns with a SustainaBlue landscape! We have partnered with Tree of Life Nursery to offer their "Designer in Residence" program to our customers for free. Sit down with a certified landscape designer and come up with an amazing design and plan for a beautiful and efficient garden. To help you with the design process, use our SustainaBlue plants webpage to find the right plants.
Receive up to $175 on drip kit assemblies to retrofit planter bed areas! Get up to 3 kit assemblies per home. Can be combined with Turf Removal rebate. Apply on-line here.
A minimum of 250 square feet of irrigated area must be converted to drip irrigation.
Drip Rebate Eligibility
Eligible Rebates Required Area (sq.ft.) 1 250-500 2 501-750 3 751+
Commercial sites eligible for up to $0.20 per sq.ft. of converted area.
SoCal WaterSmart program:
The SoCal WaterSmart regional rebate program is available to SMWD customers, courtesy of the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California and Municipal Water District of Orange County. Residents can receive money back for installing the following devices (commercial & irrigation customer click here):
- High-efficiency clothes washers - Total Rebate $85
- High-efficiency toilets - Total Rebate $100
- Rotating sprinkler nozzles - Total Rebate $4 each (minimum of 15)
- Weather-based irrigation controllers, or "smart" controllers - Total Rebate - Up to $380 for single family homes; or $35 per station for multi-family homes and commercial systems (>1 acre)
- Soil Moisture Sensor Systems – rebate is $380 per home, or $35 per station for multi-family homes and commercial systems (>1 acre)
- Rain Barrels – rebate is $75 per barrel
Please keep the following in mind:
- Rebates will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis until funding is exhausted.
- Submitting a rebate application does not guarantee you will receive a rebate.
- Rebate applications are available online only.
- Rebate reservations are not required for residential rebates. Commercial customers must reserve a rebate prior to purchasing items.
- Only original receipts will be accepted as proof of purchase.
- Rebate applications and proof of purchase must be postmarked no later than 60 days after purchase.
- Some devices or products may no longer be eligible for rebate, and rebate amounts are subject to change.
- A minimum of 15 rotating nozzles must be purchased per application to be eligible for the rebate.
- Rebate checks will be issued only to the residential water customer directly.
- Rebate amounts may vary depending on local water agency participation.
For more information or submit an online rebate application, visit www.socalwatersmart.com or call (888) 376-3314.