Thank you for your interest in water conservation. Approval of applications will be on a first-come, first-served basis and is subject to funding availability. Submittal of a reservation request or application does not guarantee approval or payment.
SoCal WaterSmart Rebates
The SoCal WaterSmart regional rebate program is available to SMWD customers, courtesy of the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California and the Municipal Water District of Orange County. Commercial & dedicated irrigation customers CLICK HERE for rebates. Residential customers can apply for rebates AFTER buying the following devices:
- High-efficiency Clothes Washers - $85
- Premium High-efficiency Toilets (1.1 gallons per flush or less) - $40
- Rotating Sprinkler Nozzles - $2 each (minimum of 30)
- Weather-based Irrigation Controllers or "Smart" Timers - $250 for single family homes or $35 per station for single-family homes >1 acre, multi-family homes, and commercial sites
- Soil Moisture Sensor Systems - $250 per home or $35 per station for single-family homes >1 acre, multi-family homes, and commercial sites
- Rain Barrels - up to $75 per barrel (up to 2)
- Cistern - up to $350 (quantity of 1)
Please keep the following in mind:
- Rebates will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis until funding is exhausted.
- Submitting a rebate application does not guarantee you will receive a rebate.
- Rebate applications are available online only.
- Rebate reservations are not required for residential rebates. Commercial customers must reserve a rebate prior to purchase.
- Only original receipts will be accepted as proof of purchase.
- Rebate applications and proof of purchase must be postmarked no later than 60 days after submiting your application.
- Customers have 12 months from the date of purchase to be considered eligible for a rebate.
- Some devices or products may no longer be eligible for a rebate, and rebate amounts are subject to change.
- For more information or to submit an online rebate application, visit www.socalwatersmart.com or call (888) 376-3314.
State's Toilet Rebate - No longer available
Funding for the California Department of Water Resources (DWR) High-Efficiency Toilet Rebate is no longer available.
“Due to an overwhelming level of response, funding for the Save Our Water High Efficiency Toilet Program has been expended. No further applications will be accepted at this time. For available water rebates, please contact your local water agency. Thank you for your interest in efficiency and water conservation. If you have already submitted an application, please expect some temporary delays in processing. Applications will be processed in a first-come, first served order, and you will receive an email notification when your application has been processed. Thank you for your patience!”