Thank you for your interest in water conservation. Approval of applications will be on a first-come-first serve basis and subject to funding availability. Submittal of a reservation request or application does not guarantee approval or payment.
Brand New: SustainaBlue Landscape Design Assistance!
SMWD will now provide landscape design assistance for residential customers who are looking to replace their lawns with a SustainaBlue landscape! We have partnered with Tree of Life Nursery to offer their "Designer in Residence" program to our customers for free. Sit down with a certified landscape designer at Tree of Life Nursery and come up with an amazing design and plan for a beautiful and efficient garden. Use our SustainaBlue plants webpage to find plants and inspiration!
Turf Removal & Spray-to-Drip Rebates
Turf removal applicants will be placed on a wait-list since the program's funding has been exhausted. The next round of funding should come on-line this fall. Follow this link to apply and be placed on the wait-list. Note: Applicants who have already removed turf prior to the required site pre-inspection or rebate application submission will not qualify.
SoCal WaterSmart Rebates:
The SoCal WaterSmart regional rebate program is available to SMWD customers, courtesy of the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California and Municipal Water District of Orange County. Commercial & dedicated irrigation customers click here for rebates. Residents can receive money back for installing the following devices:
- High-efficiency clothes washers - Total Rebate $85
- High-efficiency toilets - Total Rebate $100
- Rotating sprinkler nozzles - Total Rebate $4 each (minimum of 15)
- Weather-based irrigation controllers, or "smart" controllers - Total Rebate - Up to $260 for single family homes; or $35 per station for multi-family homes and commercial systems (>1 acre)
- Soil Moisture Sensor Systems – rebate is up to $260 per home, or $35 per station for multi-family homes and commercial systems (>1 acre)
- Rain Barrels – rebate is $75 per barrel (up to 4)
Please keep the following in mind:
- Rebates will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis until funding is exhausted.
- Submitting a rebate application does not guarantee you will receive a rebate.
- Rebate applications are available online only.
- Rebate reservations are not required for residential rebates. Commercial customers must reserve a rebate prior to purchasing items.
- Only original receipts will be accepted as proof of purchase.
- Rebate applications and proof of purchase must be postmarked no later than 60 days after purchase.
- Some devices or products may no longer be eligible for rebate, and rebate amounts are subject to change.
- For more information or submit an online rebate application, visit www.socalwatersmart.com or call (888) 376-3314.
State's Toilet Rebate (up to $100)
The California Department of Water Resources (DWR) is offering a seperate single-family residential rebate program for replacing older toilets that flush 3.5 gallons per flush with high effieincy toilets that use 1.28 gallons per flush or less. The rebate is for one toilet only and must be a US EPA WaterSense certified high-efficiency toilet. Click and follow this link to access the State's rebate program and be sure to read their terms, conditions, and eligibility. This is a limited time opportunity and it does appear that customers can apply for both the State rebate and the regional SoCal WaterSmart Toilet Rebate (see section above).
Free Home Efficiency Evaluation
Participate in a FREE home water evaluation that will help you identify potential water saving opportunities. The free evaluatins can be for the whole home (indoor and outdoor) or outdoor only.