Thank you for your interest in water conservation. Approval of applications will be on a first-come-first serve basis and subject to funding availability. Submittal of a reservation request or application does not guarantee approval or payment.
SMWD SustainaBlue Landscape Design Assistance Rebates
- NEW! REBATES AVAILABLE FOR My Avant Garden Native Front Yard Kits! These pre-designed, all-inclusive kits contain all the information and plants you need from start to finish. The kits include a detailed design plan, live California native plants, step-by-step installation instructions, educational classes and customer support. Learn more by following this link.
SoCal WaterSmart Rebates:
The SoCal WaterSmart regional rebate program is available to SMWD customers, courtesy of the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California and Municipal Water District of Orange County. Commercial & dedicated irrigation customers click here for rebates. Residents can receive money back for installing the following devices:
- High-efficiency clothes washers - up to $110
- Premium High-efficiency toilets (flush 1.1 gallons or less) - up to $125
- Rotating sprinkler nozzles - up to $3.50 each (minimum of 30)
- Weather-based irrigation controllers, or "Smart" Timers - up to $195 for single family homes; or $50 per station for single-family homes >1 acre, multi-family homes, and commercial sites
- Soil Moisture Sensor Systems – up to $80 per home, or $50 per station for single-family homes >1 acre, multi-family homes, and commercial sites
- Rain Barrels – up to $75 per barrel (up to 4)
- Cistern - up to $300 (quantity of 1)
Please keep the following in mind:
- Rebates will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis until funding is exhausted.
- Submitting a rebate application does not guarantee you will receive a rebate.
- Rebate applications are available online only.
- Rebate reservations are not required for residential rebates. Commercial customers must reserve a rebate prior to purchase.
- Only original receipts will be accepted as proof of purchase.
- Rebate applications and proof of purchase must be postmarked no later than 60 days after submiting your application.
- Customers have 12 months from the date of purchase to be considered eligible for a rebate.
- Some devices or products may no longer be eligible for rebate, and rebate amounts are subject to change.
- For more information or submit an online rebate application, visit www.socalwatersmart.com or call (888) 376-3314.
State's Toilet Rebate (up to $100)
The California Department of Water Resources (DWR) is offering a seperate single-family residential rebate program for replacing older toilets that flush 3.5 gallons per flush with high effieincy toilets that use 1.28 gallons per flush or less. The rebate is for one toilet only and must be a US EPA WaterSense certified high-efficiency toilet. Click and follow this link to access the State's rebate program and be sure to read their terms, conditions, and eligibility. This is a limited time opportunity and it does appear that customers can apply for both the State rebate and the regional SoCal WaterSmart Toilet Rebate (see section above).