Thank you for your interest in water conservation. Approval of applications will be on a first-come, first-served basis and is subject to funding availability. Submittal of a reservation request or application does not guarantee approval or payment.
SoCal WaterSmart Rebates
The SoCal WaterSmart regional rebate program is available to SMWD customers, courtesy of the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California and the Municipal Water District of Orange County. Commercial & dedicated irrigation customers CLICK HERE for rebates. Residential customers can apply for rebates AFTER buying the following devices:
- High-efficiency Clothes Washers - $85
- Premium High-efficiency Toilets (1.1 gallons per flush or less) - $40
- Rotating Sprinkler Nozzles - $2 each (minimum of 30)
- Weather-based Irrigation Controllers or "Smart" Timers - $80 for single family homes or $35 per station for single-family homes >1 acre, multi-family homes, and commercial sites
- Soil Moisture Sensor Systems - $80 per home or $35 per station for single-family homes >1 acre, multi-family homes, and commercial sites
- Rain Barrels - up to $75 per barrel (up to 4)
- Cistern - up to $300 (quantity of 1)
Please keep the following in mind:
- Rebates will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis until funding is exhausted.
- Submitting a rebate application does not guarantee you will receive a rebate.
- Rebate applications are available online only.
- Rebate reservations are not required for residential rebates. Commercial customers must reserve a rebate prior to purchase.
- Only original receipts will be accepted as proof of purchase.
- Rebate applications and proof of purchase must be postmarked no later than 60 days after submiting your application.
- Customers have 12 months from the date of purchase to be considered eligible for a rebate.
- Some devices or products may no longer be eligible for a rebate, and rebate amounts are subject to change.
- For more information or to submit an online rebate application, visit www.socalwatersmart.com or call (888) 376-3314.
State's Toilet Rebate (Up to $100)
The California Department of Water Resources (DWR) is offering a seperate single-family residential rebate program for replacing older toilets that flush 3.5 gallons per flush with high effieincy toilets that use 1.28 gallons per flush or less. The rebate is for one toilet only and must be a US EPA WaterSense certified high-efficiency toilet. Click and follow this link to access the State's rebate program and be sure to read their terms, conditions, and eligibility. This is a limited time opportunity and it does appear that customers can apply for both the State rebate and the regional SoCal WaterSmart Toilet Rebate (see section above).