Thank you for your interest in water conservation. Approval of applications will be on a first-come-first serve basis and subject to funding availability. Submittal of a reservation request or application does not guarantee approval or payment.
Brand New: SustainaBlue Landscape Design Assistance!
SMWD will now provide landscape design assistance for residential customers who are looking to replace their lawns with a SustainaBlue landscape! We have partnered with Tree of Life Nursery to offer their "Designer in Residence" program to our customers for free. Sit down with a certified landscape designer at Tree of Life Nursery and come up with an amazing design and plan for a beautiful and efficient garden. Use our SustainaBlue plants webpage to find plants and inspiration!
SoCal WaterSmart Rebates:
The SoCal WaterSmart regional rebate program is available to SMWD customers, courtesy of the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California and Municipal Water District of Orange County. Commercial & dedicated irrigation customers click here for rebates. Residents can receive money back for installing the following devices:
- High-efficiency clothes washers - Total Rebate $85
- High-efficiency toilets - Total Rebate $100
- Rotating sprinkler nozzles - Total Rebate $4 each (minimum of 15)
- Weather-based irrigation controllers, or "smart" controllers - Total Rebate - Up to $260 for single family homes; or $35 per station for multi-family homes and commercial systems (>1 acre)
- Soil Moisture Sensor Systems – rebate is up to $260 per home, or $35 per station for multi-family homes and commercial systems (>1 acre)
- Rain Barrels – rebate is $75 per barrel (up to 4)
Please keep the following in mind:
- Rebates will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis until funding is exhausted.
- Submitting a rebate application does not guarantee you will receive a rebate.
- Rebate applications are available online only.
- Rebate reservations are not required for residential rebates. Commercial customers must reserve a rebate prior to purchasing items.
- Only original receipts will be accepted as proof of purchase.
- Rebate applications and proof of purchase must be postmarked no later than 60 days after purchase.
- Some devices or products may no longer be eligible for rebate, and rebate amounts are subject to change.
- For more information or submit an online rebate application, visit www.socalwatersmart.com or call (888) 376-3314.
Turf Removal & Spray-to-Drip Rebates
UPDATE: Turf removal and the spray-to-drip rebates has been exhausted. Applications may still be submitted and applicants will be placed on a wait-list in the event funding becomes available. Those on the wait-list are not guaranteed funding.
Applicants who have already removed turf prior to the required site pre-inspection or rebate application submission will not qualify.