- Doing Business
Doing Business with Us
Thank you for your interest in working with Santa Margarita Water District. Our goal is to make it easy for businesses and customers to work with the District. View the links below for more information on:
The Purchasing Department is responsible for the procurement of materials and services so the District has what it needs to operate efficiently each day. Our goal is to secure operational supplies, materials, equipment, and services at the lowest possible cost while meeting the District's requirements.
The Engineering Department is responsible for the planning, mapping, design, inspection and construction of all capital and private development. The District's digital Engineering counter can help you find applications, permits, and other related resources.
- Permit/Application Guide
- Standards and Specifications
- Encroachment Permit
- Will Serve Letter Issuance
- Backflow Prevention Program
- Fats, Oils, & Grease (FOG) Program
- Fire Flow Test
- Sanitation Clearance
- Plan Review Process & Fees
- Recycled Water Irrigation Plan Review & On-Site Inspections
- Utility Plan Request
- Bond Exoneration/Tract Acceptance
- Ordinance No. 2022-10-02 Prohibiting Unauthorized Work on District Property & Establishing Fees
The Customer Relations Department manages all inquiries, processing requests, and the issuance of construction meters. Temporary construction meters are issued when a completed application is submitted, payment for installation and deposit is received.