- An ACORD form of “Certificate of Insurance” is acceptable by the District as proof of insurance coverage, together with required endorsements. NAIC number must be provided for each insurer affording coverage.
- Proof of insurance coverage for Purchase Orders with a value of $100,000 or greater must be submitted on ACORD form 25 (2009/09) or a more current revision.
Minimum Limits of Insurance
|Comprehensive General Liability
|$1 Million per occurrence for bodily injury and property damage, and an aggregate limit of $2 Million.
| Workers' Compensation
|$1 Million per injury or disease.
| Automobile Liability
|$1 Million per accident/injury or property damage.
The District expressly reserves the right to require additional insurance for any order or contract as it deems necessary. Additional insurance may include higher limits or additional coverage. Orders or contracts for professional services may require Professional Liability / Errors and Omissions coverage appropriate to the vendor’s profession.
- Santa Margarita Water District must be named as an “Additional insured” on all policies of General and Excess Liability Insurance coverage. Additional insured status shall be afforded as to ongoing and completed operations.
- A waiver of subrogation must be provided in favor of the District for the vendor’s Workers’ Compensation policy.
- Provide a certificate and endorsement for each project, or a certificate covering “All Operations” of the insured.
- General and Automobile Liability: Current A.M. Best’s Rating of no less than A.VII or higher.
- Workers’ Compensation: Current State Fund or for other carriers have an A. M. Best’s Rating of B+ or higher.